July 3, 2009

Gym? Gym Who? I don't know anybody named Gym



So..... as I've posted here, we are done.

I still stumble over it a little -- it's a little hard even now, but it's a good decision -- it's the right decision -- it's not that I wouldn't love to have another baby -- I would. But I know that I'm beyond blessed with the three that I have and that we are done. The Big Dubya is ready to move on to the next chapter of our lives.... the chapter without bottles, without diapers..... maybe a chapter where we sleep a little.

And well, the 'lillest man is done nursing -- has been done for a couple of months now. This is the longest I've gone without being pregnant in 5 years...... 5 years!

So, my body..... man, my body has taken a beating.

I'm not that big -- yes, I've got some pounds to lose, but I'm still a relatively small person. I'm just lumpy.... really, really lumpy.

So, I did it -- I joined a gym.

More surprising..... I actually go. I go a lot. I'm actually starting to see results. I'm still lumpy, but it's working.

It's only been a few weeks, so I'm not going to declare myself a gym-junky or anything -- I still don't love it -- I watch the clock while I'm there to see when I'm done -- but I go.... and this is a big step forward for me.

PS I was a guest-contributor at DadCentric for Father's Day -- check it out!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good for you! I've been done for, oh about 7 years now and need to start doing something....

Mrs Big Dubya said...

Once I get going I'm actually pretty good -- but, having a buddy can help too. If you are interested.... let me know :)

Darren said...

I've been trying to go more often. And just got Sue to join too.

 
Blogging Secret