June 1, 2006

One year....


It's impossible to believe that the 'lil man will be a year tomorrow.

I remember that day so vividly.... getting up in the morning, going to the doctor for a check-up, touring a couple of daycare centers, meeting the pediatrician..... going into work late, and then staying late..... I remember the details of the entire day with incredible clarity (well, that is until they administered the mass doses of morphine.... at that point, things get kinda fuzzy and chronology totally goes out the window)

What I can't remember is what the day before was like.... I have no idea what I did on June 1, 2005.... it's hard to believe.... but, I don't remember a single thing that happened to me that day -- the day before the most profound change in my life. Little did I know, my life -- my entire world was about to be reprioritized.... my entire focus was about to shift.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Henry (who was also a little early in his arrival) will be six on Saturday--which makes today the sixth anniversary of The Day I Went Into Premature Labor.

Today I was trying to tell him about it, about this last day before I REALLY became a mama, and I couldn't remember a damn thing. I went to the doctor where everything seemed fine and then . . . uh, I did some stuff . . . and then some more stuff . . . and then I went to bed . . . and THEN my water broke and we raced to the hospital and . . . then I had a baby. And there was much rejoicing.

Happy birthday, Lil Dub! I'm sure there will be much rejoicing at your house this weekend, too.

Mamacita Tina said...

Lots of birthdays being celebrated. Our little guy turns 2 in a week. Have fun!

Peter said...

Happy B-Day Little Dub!

Kara said...

happy birthday!!! Can't wait to see you and the little guy tonight!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Happy birthday!

It is amazing how much everything changes.

the mad momma said...

well happy birthday to Lil Dub. He shares a birthday with my husband...which from experience, is not a bad thing!
My son turned 1 on May 5.... and you know what... i remember each minute of the day.. crystal clear.. perhaps I should blog before I forget it all...

 
Blogging Secret