June 9, 2008

It's two little letters, what's the big deal


I'm not sure why it bothers me so much....

In the past few weeks, but even more so since we brought home the littlest Dubya, the 'lil Dubya seems to be maturing right before my very eyes. He's gone from using the potty now and then to using it all the time and refusing to wear anything but big-boy-underpants.

He no longer bullies his sister, instead he reprimands her when she's being "bold" and he rushes to offer comfort to his little brother when he cries.......

I know that this is a logical right-of-passage -- and it's most certainly a more desirable reaction to the new baby than the regression we are experiencing with the 'lil Dubyette.....

But, he's stopped calling me Mommy..... now he calls me Mom.... and even though it's only different by two letters..... that hurts a little.

3 comments:

Darren said...

Those are some pretty good accomplishments for a three year-old. At least you've got two more to call you Mommy...when they're both talking that is.

Sue said...

In another year or so he'll be very fascinated that your given name isn't MOM and want to call you by your first name...even in public.

Or, he could end up like Clare and somehow get the impression we live in the South and call you Momma.

As long as it's not accompanied by an exaggerated sigh and huge eyeroll it's all good.

Anonymous said...

The first few "dad"s I got from The Champ caught my attention as well.

 
Blogging Secret