November 25, 2008

It's like I knew.....deep down, I knew



So, the story starts back in 2005..... when there was just me, Mr Big Dubya and the 'lil Dubya.

I was so excited about his first Christmas.... everything had to be "just right" -- we ordered our Christmas stockings from LLBean.... and I wanted "Joy" from Pottery Barn to hang them. Of course, I balked at the price Pottery Barn was charging -- hoped for a sale, waited too long and they sold out.... I couldn't get them.

It was okay, I got some replacement ones to tide us over.... I knew I wanted baby #2 and hoped that for Christmas 2006 we'd need "NOEL" anyway...... and so in 2006 when we were blessed with the 'lil Dubyette, I was determined to get "NOEL" and with a little help from eBay we did.

We used NOEL for 2006 and deep down in my heart I really wanted to upgrade to "PEACE" in 2007...... hubby had other ideas.

But here we are .... 2008 with another stocking to hang by the chimney with care. Pottery Barn has discontinued "PEACE" (along with the others of course) but I have found it on eBay.... for a whopping $80 -- plus these suckers are heavy and I'd have to shell out some more money to have them shipped. I really, really, really want them -- but $80!!!! I just finished telling the Big Dubya that we need to cut way back this year.... how can I justify spending $80 on something so frivolous?

Maybe I'll just buy them and hope for a government bail out?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you don't mind gold ones, Target has it on sale for $24.

Darren said...

Tell Big Dubya that you're really planning to spell out CHRISTMAS. Then he should be find with PEACE.

Mamacita Tina said...

Government bail out, crack me up! Love Darren's comment, it's perfect.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!

 
Blogging Secret