December 4, 2006

Joy, Noel....... or maybe Peace


So, last year I posted here about wanting some Christmas stocking holders from Pottery Barn.

Unfortunately, I had been too slow and by the time I got around to getting them..... Pottery Barn had sold out. At the time, we only had one child -- but the Big Dubya and I had agreed to try for one more...... so, although for 2005 we only needed three stocking holders ("JOY")


we had decided to purchase four ("NOEL") in the hope that by Christmas 2006 we'd have four stockings to hang by the chimney with care.


So, with a little help from eBay -- I got the stocking holders and they look just smashing on our mantle with our four LLBean Christmas stockings dangling from them. (We'll discuss later how the stockings had to be taken down three minutes after they were put up so that the 'lil Dubya wouldn't pull the very heavy letters down on his head).

Now, call it a post-partum episode.... call it sleep deprivation..... call it sheer madness.... call it whatever the hell you want but, I'd kind of like to swap out "NOEL" for "PEACE" in 2007.



I mentioned this to the Big Dubya yesterday and he responded by sticking is fingers in his ears and screaming "La, La, La, I can't hear you" at the top of his lungs. He also mentioned something about 4 being a nice even number and that's when I stopped listening to him......

I'm sure my latest bout of baby fever will pass..... but these amazing little people are addictive.

9 comments:

ClumberKim said...

Just remember, after two you're always playing zone defense.

Hoping I am not similarly afflicted next April....

Melissa said...

But the peace ones are so cute....and teeny babies are too. :)

Peter said...

Go for it! PEACE
We had holders with snow globes, they are all broken.

Challenge 20/20 teams said...

Oh. My. Lord.

Sue said...

What is it "they" say? You'll regret NOT having another child more than you'll regret having one more. Or something. Not sure who "they" are, either.

But if you think you want another after what? two weeks? God bless. Go for it!

And those stocking holders are beautiful.

Apparently P said...

Fine by me! I like my neice and nephew and it takes the pressure off me and Uncle RoRo to give Granny & Grandad grandkids!

Apparently P said...

Now that there is a third one on the way you're going to have to upgrade to PEACE. So can I have NOEL for 2008?

Monique said...

Do you still have any of the stocking holders that you want to get rid of? I would gladly pay you for either the "joy" or "noel" stocking holders. Please let me know. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to leave my e-mail. It is monique.foley@live.com. Thanks.

 
Blogging Secret