April 18, 2006

It was a day of firsts



The Big Dubya and I have been married for a little over 4 years, we've lived in our house for about 2½ years. We have never been big Easter people -- we usually just stay home rather than trek to see our families in Boston and then get stuck in unruly traffic coming back on Sunday night..... and we intended this year to be no different. But then my parents (Granny & Granddad) announced that they'd like to come visit and Aunt P mentioned that she was staying home while Mr Tall Guy was headed to PA to visit his family..... so we invited them to join us -- it was after all the 'lil Dubya's first Easter.

It was kind of exciting..... before we moved to CT, I used to host both of our families for a chinese buffet (complete with too much to drink) on Christmas Eve, but ever since we moved..... nobody's wanted to come. I was a hostess with nobody to host -- so on Saturday morning, while we anxiously awaited their arrival, I busted out the china. Yes, 4 years of marriage and we'd never used the Wedgewood...... I had to take the labels off and everything. I then proceeded to set the dining room table..... Yes, 2½ years in our house and we'd never actually eaten in the dining room.

We had a lovely dinner (well, I thought it was lovely).... and it really did taste better in our newly christened dining room, on our newly christened china.

Now, let's see if they'll come for Thanksgiving too

4 comments:

Kara said...

yeah girl! work that granny bait! I told you about our "if you want to see your granchild on christamas you have to come to our house rule." I'll travel on other holidays.... just not Christmas.

Sue said...

I am impressed - a full set of formal china!

Apparently P said...

And you didn't even mention the trama of having a 3-month puppy underfoot...

Kemp said...

My wife and I were married for 4 years before we used our 'fine china' that we received as wedding gifts.

Ask how many times we've used it since that Thanksgiving 4 years ago...

Zero.

Kinda makes you wonder why you asked for it as a wedding gift doesn't it.

 
Blogging Secret