May 10, 2007

Wine Club


See Update Below for a list of potential club names



A few months ago, Kara started this nifty book club. It's not so much that I'm little-miss-intellectual, but I was very excited to join.... I love good books and having other people to chat with about them is great incentive to read more and to read books that I wouldn't have necessarily selected on my own.
Yesterday, I was visiting Sarah's site and reading about the wines she enjoys on a regular basis. I L-O-V-E wine -- and was excited to see that I've never tried any of the ones she recommends.... will be looking for those on my next trip to the wine store. It got me thinking.... I even sent her an email suggesting we start some sort of wine club.... and then I realized, Hey.... I don't need Sarah to do it..... I can start a wine club!

So, here it goes.... I'm starting an on-line wine club (Yaaayyy me!). Hopefully Sarah will join, and Kara, and Arwen, and Insurance Mom, and Clare's Dad, and Mr Big Dubya of course....... maybe some of the cool DadCentric guys and our friends at Dad Said Mom Said.... it'll be huge, I'll be famous!.... um, okay -- back to reality.

I'm still not sure I've figured out all the mechanics -- but the gist of it is...... people who are interested in being members will post recommendations of wines that they like and warn of ones that they didn't.

Because wine availability is pretty regional.... It probably wouldn't work to insist that we all drink the same wine -- but, we can try and see how it goes.
Personally, (I'm poor and cheap) I tend to purchase wines in the $8-$12 range for pizza nights.... a nicer dinner might go as high as $14 and then wines with prices north of that are typically reserved for special occasions or to be brought to someone else's house.
So..... who's in?
and
Any thoughts on a sassy name for us???

Update:
Potential Club Names
The Cellar
Uncorked
Tipsy on Vino
Varietals
The Cask
veni, vedi, vino!
decanter
Cask 'n' Flagon (why not?)
jeroboam joy
Bunch of Grapes (after a cute 'lil pub in Galway)
The Whinery

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I join? I don't have my own blog but I like to drink and drink in quantity I will

Sue said...

Ooooh wine club! I'm in. And there are some really good wines in that price range (we're partial to the reds)....

You're right - it needs a good name. Have to think about that.

Mrs Big Dubya said...

Pammy, Pammy, Pammy.... of course you can join

Yaayyyyy Sue --

The name must be clever.... I've got a few but havnen't gotten one that's perfect just yet

Darren said...

I was going to say that I'd try to talk insurancemom into it, but I see I don't have to. It sounds fun.

Sue said...

Wine - it's what's for dinner.

mr. big dubya said...

Varietals
The Cask
veni, vedi, vino!
decanter
Cask 'n' Flagon (why not?)
jeroboam joy

Kara said...

the cask n flagon spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E i'll vote for any name that sllows me to expand my drinking horizons :)

Kara said...

that should have said allows. see? slurring my words already :P

Anonymous said...

I want to play for sure!

Apparently P said...

My vote is for Bunch of Grapes or Tipsy on Vino.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Wine club?? Can I join? Can I, can I, can I? Pul-eeeze.

(for wine, this girl ain't too proud to beg.)

I like The Whinery, because I have a toddler and the whining is what often leads me to the bottle.

 
Blogging Secret