October 4, 2007

The Holidays



Can you believe it? the holidays are fast approaching -- I mean, Thanksgiving is just 49 days away..... Christmas.... 82 days people, 82 days -- Did Easter even happen? 4th of July? I don't think I remember them..... where'd the year go?


Last year I was on maternity leave over the holidays, so I was able to do my Christmas shopping quite leisurely -- this year with a 10-month old hell bent on walking and a 2-year old who's hell bent on knocking her over -- not to mention a house, a husband and a full-time job -- I'm wondering how I'm going to get it all done.


Fortunately, I tend to be kind of organized..... I buy for a lot of children -- nieces, nephews, children of close friends.... so historically, I've picked one gift and given it to all of them. Last year it was the always comes in handy Gap Fleece -- good for 'lil ones, good for big ones, good for boys, good for girls -- reasonably priced when you shop the sale. Last November, I went into our local BabyGap/GapKids and bought something like fifteen of these babies. Not sure what this year's "Gift from the Dubyas" will be, but I'm open to suggestions.

Last year, I had so much time on my hands that I actually bought into the madness --

Does anybody know what this year's "hot toy" is supposed to be?

2 comments:

Mamacita Tina said...

It must be a big brother's job, to knock down his little sister. I can't remember a time Ian hasn't done this to Laurel.

I have no clue about toys for this Christmas, sorry.

Darren said...

With all the recalls this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the hot toy were made of cloth or wood.

 
Blogging Secret