October 18, 2007

My name is Mrs Big Dubya, and I'm a Bread, Butter, Cheese & Cream-aholic



I've figured out why I'm fat......


I wish I could tell you that it's because I've been drinking too much beer or wine.... nope, haven't had either in a few weeks (geez, I better get on that).


I wish I could tell you that it's because I eat chocolate, cookies, pies, cakes, candy..... but no, I've got a huge candy jar in my office and I rarely touch it.


Nope -- my problem is real food. I love real, good, rich food. Big chunky bread slathered with creamy butter, cream-based soups and anything, I mean anything with cheese melted on it.


Aunt P's been trying to inspire me back onto the WeightWatchers wagon, but fate, fate I tell you keeps intervening.


This morning, I went downstairs to the cafeteria with my 1 point Thomas' English Muffin I popped that puppy into the toaster while the ginormous bagels taunted me. It came out of the toaster not toasted enough, so I popped it back in..... it came out burnt. I can't eat burnt muffin..... maybe I should get a bagel? or a big bowl of oatmeal with scoops and scoops of brown sugar.


I ate the burnt muffin..... it sucked.


Yesterday I wasn't so strong though... I went to get lunch at Baja Fresh I figured I could get something healthy there.... well, it's gone -- apparently it has been for a while, but Panera Bread was right next door -- I should have gotten a nice salad with a smart dressing, but instead I got cream of broccoli soup and this amazing chicken Caesar sandwich.... which comes with either bread or chips..... they made a mistake and gave me both and oh my Gawd was it good -- but, yeah I'm a big old fatty.


I need a support group.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Mmmm bread.

Sorry, what were you saying?

Arwen said...

I will totally join your 'I love cream soup' brigade. Except you probably want support NOT to eat it.
I, too, feel the spreading of the ass due to poor eating choices. My worst offense is that I often don't eat until after 9 pm.
A big meal of something curried.
With rice (not even brown rice and sometimes it is fried).

Unknown said...

I'm definitely an "I'm fat because I love sweets" person, but real food is definitely a downfall too. Panera Bread makes the best sourdough bowls for soup. I always get the creamy potato soup with it. Heaven!

Mrs. Flinger has started a weightloss competition through Weight Loss Wars that starts today. I'm hoping it's the kick in the butt I need! If you're interested, you can get more information on her blog.

Kara said...

cheese and crackers and tortilla chips.

I could live on nothing else

Ralph Bishop said...

Great reading your blog poost

 
Blogging Secret