April 15, 2008

Haven't posted in a while


You may have noticed..... I haven't posted in a while.

Not for lack of desire.... nor for lack of material.... not sure what it is really.... too tired? (maybe) too busy? (sure, I am pretty busy) just not feeling inspired (that could be it)

Well, let's see if I can get you all up to speed.

For those keeping track of #3's progress, we are at the 33 week mark -- except for feeling freaking enormous and constantly exhausted, things are going well.

I'm on the frequent flier plan at the doctor's office because of my pesky blood-pressure issue.... I'm convinced that my body just doesn't like the end of pregnancy -- and I've been plagued by this odd shooting pain. The pain starts on my left side and shoots across my lower abdomen and down to my knees whenever I put any weight on my left leg (how often do you really need to use your left leg anyway? I mean really?).

The doctor (yes, it was bad enough that I actually went to the doctor) said that it's very common -- basically, the baby's sitting low and resting on a nerve -- similar to the sciatic nerve, but this nerve is in the front (I can't remember the name of it). He suggested I try a maternity support belt (attractive, isn't it?) to help alleviate the pressure, stay off my feet (cause with a 1 and a 2 year old at home..... that's gonna happen) or I can try to coax the baby to change positions -- but beyond that..... there's not a whole lot I can do. Awesome! He/she is head down, so -- I suppose that's a good start.

As if being 8+ months pregnant with high blood pressure and an inability to put weight on my left leg wasn't enough, I've got a miserable head cold. It started off with just an annoying runny nose, but after several sleepless nights due to my insomniac kids and some obnoxious leg cramps -- it has developed into a full blown chest cold complete with a deep dry cough that has me terrified I'm going to pee myself every time I have a coughing fit. Having a cold sucks..... being pregnant and unable to take anything-worth-taking sucks big time. I would love to go home and go to bed, but with my maternity leave looming.... I'm not sure that's very fair to my already extremely generous boss.

We still don't have baby names selected for what I've come to expect to be another 'lil Dubyette. I'm not sure why I'm convinced this baby's a girl.... I have nothing to base it on -- just a hunch.... I'll be just as happy with either, but I have to admit -- I'll be more than a little surprised if it's a boy. I'm not sure why we have such a hard time with names..... we just can't seem to get on the same page and settle on one.....

Completely unrelated...... I saw this headline and instead of feeling sorry for her.... I thought, geez.... some girls have all the luck.

3 comments:

Kara said...

That last line? CLASSIC.

Miss you! Let me know when I can come down and play with your babies and give you a rest!

Apparently P said...

I'm with you. I have a huge crush on Rob Lowe. And he's gotten better with age. He's just devastatingly handsome. Ok, you can all make fun of me now...

Sue said...

Too funny. I loved him in St Elmo's Fire (and yes, I am dating myself with that reference).

It sounds like you need to find about 15 minutes and have yourself a good pity party. Being pregnant, and sick, and not being able to take anything is the worst.

 
Blogging Secret