July 19, 2006

Why does everyone forget about Zan and Jana?


The US Postal Service has announced plans to have a series of superhero stamps.... all the usual suspects are represented -- Wonderwoman, Superman, Batman, the Green Lantern, Plastic Man.... heck, even the ever-forgotten Aquaman is there.


But, here's my question.... where the heck are Zan and Jana, huh? Why do the Wonder Twins always get forgotten? They've got cool purple outfits, pointy ears and funky hair -- they can put their twin rings together and take the shape of neato stuff...... they represent truth, justice and the American way..... and they are a brother & sister that actually play nice.

5 comments:

Peter said...

How is it that you could recall their names?

Anonymous said...

Could it be that Zan and Jana (and their space monkey, Gleek) were abhorrent? An affront to all comic book geeks everywhere? "Form of...and ice toboggan!" I don't know why Lex Luthor or Bizarro didn't just snuff them out.

They did have one redeeming quality - the weren't Wendy, Marvin, and Wonder Dog

Wow...I'm a geek. I'm going to go play with my 20-sided dice, now...

Apparently P said...

The better question is how could you not remember their names? Superfriends were a staple at Mrs. BigDub and my house growing up. Each of us would put a pillow on each side of the couch and watch Saturday morning cartoons. (she always got the good side of the couch because she's older). Do kids do that anymore? I mean with the cartoon network, etc they really isn't any need to look forward to Saturday morning caroons. Kindof sad, isn't it?

Mamacita Tina said...

No kidding, I still love to pretend...

Wonder Twins activate, form of a...

sane mama! Yeah, right, one can dream.

Anonymous said...

For a while, when I was still pregnant and knew it was one of each, I was telling people I was going to name them Zan and Jana.

Not enough people got my hilarious joke.

Sigh.

 
Blogging Secret