January 14, 2008

Trying to do too much?



Last weekend, I packed up the two kids and headed off to BJs -- when I got home, I opened the back hatch of my SUV and two gallons of milk fell out bursting and creating a white river in the driveway..... I almost cried.

A few days later, I was trying to eat my lunch at my desk between meetings -- I knocked something into my can of iced-tea and splashed some onto my laptop -- shortly thereafter my laptop ceased working. Most people would immediately call the help desk -- me? no, I got on my Blackberry and emailed Aunt P ..... asked her what to do -- she's wickit smaaaahhhht (that's Boston-speak for really smart) when it comes to computers. She asked if it was sweetened with sugar (what the f*&^%$#?) and what I would do if I were at home -- I told her that I'd probably spray the shit out of it with some compressed air to see if I could dry it -- she said that sounded like sound rationale and that I should try it (I'm starting to rethink the whole smart thing) -- I stopped spraying once the laptop began making a sizzle sound..... and decided to call the help desk. Oh, did I mention that it's the middle of year-end?

I completely forgot to show up for 'lil Dubyette's flu shot booster on Friday -- just didn't show up..... Uhm hullo, I don't do things like that. I called this morning to reschedule and booked a time that sounded good..... then I remembered -- that's when I'm supposed to go for my ultrasound.....
I'm starting to think that I've got too many balls in the air......

1 comments:

Kara said...

It's not your fault that your placenta is holding your brain hostage. You'll get it back soon.

 
Blogging Secret