March 15, 2008

So, we are now part of minivan nation...


So, after receiving the call that no wife/mother (particularly one who is seven months pregnant and already has high blood pressure) wants to receive last Monday morning -- it became painfully clear that the Dubyas were in the market for a new car.


We knew that this would happen eventually, with our family growing to three children under the age of three.... three carseats will soon become a fact of life for us and the average sedan/compact SUV just doesn't support that much child safety hardware (why is that I wonder?) -- but I thought we had more time. I thought we could wait at least another six months (after I wrapped up maternity leave) before we'd be faced with trading in hubby's car for something a little roomier..... but that was not in the cards.


So, we went and we did what I had always considered the unthinkable..... we bought a mini-van.


Yes it's true, this isn't your father's mini-van...... it's got all the bells and whistles and the 'lil Dubya keeps referring to it as the fancy car with the magic doors - and let's not forget the moooovies, but it's still a mini-van.....

I used to be cool..... I swear I did

4 comments:

Rae said...

I am a regular lurker on your site but this had me laugh out loud. Congrats on the new car. I still remember the day that my best friend from high school called, giddy as i have ever heard her, gushing over the new mini-van she and her hubby had just purchased. It was then that I realized that adulthood had officially set in. enjoy all of the bells and whistles. ;)

Arwen said...

If it helps any, where I live there is a 'cool' section of town (we don't live there) and in the cool section of town, the moms there believe the Odyssey is the cool MV to drive.

Kara said...

It's what all the tatooed/ body pierced couples are driving these days. It's about time you joined the club :)

Mamacita Tina said...

Can't imagine life without my minivan.

 
Blogging Secret