May 18, 2006

"I suck"


As some of you may know, the Dubya's jetted off to Florida last weekend.... we flew out Friday, and returned on Tuesday. For those of you monitoring the weather here in the northeast, you'll know that we couldn't have picked a better weekend to get out of dodge.

After offering my assistance several times in the preceeding two weeks, the Big Dubya assured me that he'd handle a mother's day gift for Nana Dubya...... however, the following is a message I received from him on Thursday -- a mere 23 hours before our flight was scheduled to depart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr Big Dubya

Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:35 PM
To: Mrs Big Dubya

Subject: I suck

Would you mind, on your way home tonight, stopping at
Outback and
getting a gift card?



Notice, that the subject line does acknowledge that he dropped the ball..... I also belive that it's designed to diffuse my annoyance -- and although this situation was more than mildly infurating, simply because I had offered several times to help out..... I put that aside and responded that I could pick it up -- but Talbot's might be a nicer idea..... something for just her, rather than dinner for her and Papa Dubya.

So, on Friday morning -- the gift was Express mailed in hopes that it would arrive in time for Mother's Day..... alas, it did not.

Now, here's the question....... if we had blown off Mother's Day..... why is it, that I sense I would be blamed? I mean, why is it that the wife is responsible for gift-giving?

1 comments:

Kara said...

why? because, in general, well... any continuation of that thought will only get me in trouble.

 
Blogging Secret