August 27, 2006

Are you people out of your minds?



Ever since Aunt P got her puppy, the comparisons between the dog and my child have been freakin' endless. Conversations that go something like this, are all too frequent:

Mrs Big Dubya: Hi Mamsy
Granny: How's my boy? Did he sleep well last night?
Mrs Big Dubya: Sadly no
Granny: Oh Mrs Dubya, the 'lil Dubya was up all night again?
Mrs Big Dubya: I'm afraid so.
Granny: I just spoke to Aunt P and so was her pup.... she's so tired... I just don't know how you girls do it.

Okay... I know new puppies are handful.... I know they require a lot of care.... I know they are similar to young children -- but, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!

I think this might be why I got so annoyed when a news show broadcaster compared the oh-so-trendy Puppy Purse to a Baby Bjorn.... THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am completly with you. In fact, I am worse, I don't even consider the things people call dogs to be real dogs....not if they fit in a purse. We were at the mall yesterday and Nordsotroms was doing a "Doggie Fashion show", I had to leave not to throw up.

Anonymous said...

It's not just puppies. I have an older coworker who asks about my kids, then whatever I say in response is interpreted as an invitation for her to start talking about her cats. "How are the twins?" "I think they're trying to kill me." "I know what you mean. Sometimes my cats drive me up a wall. Just the other day..." and then I get a 10-minute cat story.

Some people just don't get it. Can't. Don't. And never, ever will.

 
Blogging Secret