November 15, 2006

Let's take a break from all the baby waiting posts....



Yeah, I've got a dr's apt this afternoon -- two of them actually, but..... for now, let's go on baby- waiting hiatus, shall we? I think we need the break...

I am not a "reality TV" fan..... I've never seen an episode of Survivor, I've never watched American Idol..... but for some reason, I find Dancing with the Stars to be very entertaining. I started watching one day when the 'lil man was small -- ABC Family ran a marathon of the first season and I got hooked -- I've even got the Big Dubya watching now -- granted, he's watching because of me.... and might not watch if I wasn't around, but as he puts it -- the women.... well, they aint hard to look at.

Anyway, lately the recently ousted contestant Monique Coleman has been on all the talk shows.... Larry King, The View, etc. I didn't care for Monique much when she was on the show -- I thought she was a bit too full of herself -- always going on and on about how her routines were harder and had more complexity than those of the other contestants and how the judges were harder on her than the others....Blah, blah, blah...... I mean, seriously -- you are 26 years old..... competing against 62 year old Jerry Springer..... give me a break! Even when she was given good feedback by the judges, she managed to be less than gracious.

On these talk shows, she got worse -- she went on to say that the hardest part of being on the show was protecting her image -- apparently she considers herself a "role model" to millions of young women and she needed to make sure she wasn't projecting anything negative.

HUH? a role model? I wanted to smack her and let her know that she's been famous for 4½ minutes..... a role model? Does she know she's sitting next to the legendary Emmitt Smith -- an actual role model, who managed to be a gentleman and a good sport without proclaiming himself a role model?

Is that how it works now.... you say you are a role model and POOF you become one?

Okay -- so let's move on..... because I'm kinda curious now.

What part of her image was she "protecting" -- HMMMMM,

She seemed like a sore loser to me when she complained that her dances were harder and that her scores didn't reflect that.....

She seemed like a show-off when she insisted on doing some sort of solo dance at the beginning of one of her numbers.....

She seemed a bit immodest when she donned really revealing costumes..... in fairness, all the costumes are on the skimpy side and that's fine, but...... if she was really worried about young girls, isn't that an area where she could choose to make a statement? -- maybe opt to cover-up a bit more than the others?

I'm wondering -- What exactly did ABC ask her to do that she felt wasn't consistent with this precious "image" she's dreamed up for herself.

3 comments:

Arwen said...

Ugh, a model who is the center of her own universe. Isn't that model totally overdone already?

CroutonBoy said...

so, I know you've been sorta busy the last few days, but let me be the first to congratulate you here on your own blog! I saw the picks an Warren's site...very cute! I hope you're doing well!

Melissa said...

Hey lady, I just wanted to come over here and say congrats on the beautiful little girl. I hope you are both doing well.

 
Blogging Secret