March 9, 2007

It's Friday and it's Cocktail Time


*** Warning to readers who don't approve of cocktailing..... this post includes adult beverage recommendations ***


So, a week or so ago I was watching the Foodnetwork and this woman (who I generally can't stand) was on and she made this yummy looking concoction -- I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a whirl and YUMMMMMM!!!

Now, her recipe is as follows:

2 shots coffee drink (recommended: Starbucks Frappuccino)
1 shot vodka


Fill a martini shaker with ice cubes.
Add coffee drink and vodka.
Shake vigorously.
Strain into a martini glass. Top glass with remaining foam from shaker.

I used the Starbucks Mocha Frappuccio and ratio of 2:1 was a bit strong for me (give me a break, I've spent 20 of the last 30 months pregnant), so I made it with a half a shot (Stoli Vanil) instead and it was still delicious.....



Enjoy

3 comments:

Sue said...

Mmmm....sounds yummy!

Mamacita Tina said...

Good heavens! I would love to swim in that!

Challenge 20/20 teams said...

hey! we watched the same show... we had some the other night and I was up until 1 in the morning.

Very yummy but highly caffeinated. I won't be having one as an after dinner drink again any time soon ;)

 
Blogging Secret