February 7, 2006

M'am..... Miss......




I know I just did an age post recently, but..... today called for another one.

I recently bought myself a new cute outfit that calls for new cute shoes.... in navy blue! Well, I've been everywhere and curse my small feet.... I can't find a decent pair of navy blue shoes in my size to save my life. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be praying for size 8 or 9 feet..... but I am..... I found so many pairs of wonderful navy blue shoes..... in size 8, 9 even 10 but could I find a pair of 6½????? NOOOOOOO!

Anyway, to make myself feel better.... I decided to skip lunch and grab a McDonald's milkshake (nutritious, huh?) and in the spirit of saving time, I hit the drive through. I placed my order.... $2.36 for a shake? hmmmm kind of pricey (the Big Dubya usually pays for my shakes) and I went to the first window..... a woman older than my mother took my money.... and then said "Thank you, M’am" M’am??? you call me M’am????? I was thoroughly confused, and a little insulted.

To add insult to injury, I went to the second window to get my over-priced shake and the dude gave it to me "Here ya go, Miss" Miss???? you call me Miss??? I was even more confused and definitely insulted.

I'm not sure what I want them to call me.... do they have to call me anything?.... but, M’am and Miss are not it......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on this one. I hate being called Mam. It makes me feel my grandmothers age. I think they are trained to do it thought at many fast food places.

ClumberKim said...

I turned 40 last week. If anyone called me ma'am, I'd cry. The thought of a shake might hold that at bay though.

Anonymous said...

i hope it's just the way they're trained. am 25 and getting m'am all the time now.

Anonymous said...

How about dudette?

 
Blogging Secret