February 13, 2007

Shhhhh, did you hear that?



That was the sound of pounds and inches falling off me...... NOT!

So, I posted a while back that I wanted to get down to my pre-baby #1 weight. Before anybody gets pissed off at me – I’m not a big person. I’m one of those people that other people assume doesn’t have a weight problem. But, because I’m a fairly small person – I really don’t have anywhere to carry extra weight. I may still fit into a single-digit-size, but, clothes don’t hang right and I feel lumpy and lethargic. So, I needed to lose 12lbs in order to feel healthy and better about myself. I managed to shed the first 6½ fairly easily…. I wasn’t starving myself, but I was watching what I was eating. But then I hit a plateau that I just couldn’t seem to get past.

Diet wasn’t enough, I needed to kick it up a notch -- so I decided to embark upon a “couch-to-5K” program – which basically takes a non-runner (like myself) and helps them gradually get up to running 5K.

I began week #2 yesterday and nobody is more shocked than me …… I like it!

I’m in absolute shock because I’ve always HATED running…… absent someone chasing me with a weapon, I wouldn’t even consider running….. but WOW – I like it.

Here are a few reasons why I like it so much –

  1. Although I’ve only lost another ½ pound, my pants are starting to fit me better.
  2. Following this program only requires 30 minutes 3 times a week….. I can do that!
  3. Aunt P bought me an iPod and when I have it on, listening to this guy tell me what to do….. I can’t hear anything. I can’t hear the kids, I can’t hear the phone, for 30 minutes it’s just ME. I’m nobody’s wife, I’m nobody’s mother – I’m just ME doing something that benefits nobody but ME.
I also have a new snack...... Chex makes 100 Calorie packs now -- the Chocolate Caramel is delicious, there's a decent portion and only 2 Weight Watchers Points.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Good for you!! It doesn't matter how you look to others, just how you feel about yourself! And if those last few pounds bothered you, good for you for trying to do something about it.

Would you come over and kick my butt into gear too?

Apparently P said...

Aunt P bought herself an iPod too, but her hairy son (also known as Chester the wonder mutt) ate it not two days after I got it. Ok, so he didn't eat it as in consume it, although I wouldn't put it past him. He just put his sharp k-9 teeth through the screen and left teeth marks all over it. In case anyone was wondering, Apple's warranty does not cover this. Trust me. I called. And too Apple's customer supports credit, they didn't laugh at me.

Now you may be asking yourself, does this have anything to do with Mrs. Big Dubya's post? no. I just felt like bitching.

thanks!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! #3 is exactly why I fell in love with the program too. Running is MY time.

Snacks: I just ate a WW double fudge brownie (freezer section, next to the pies). That was delicious, and only 3 points. I have a huge sweet tooth, my big downfall when trying to lose weight, so these are a godsend.

Challenge 20/20 teams said...

YAY YOU!!!!!!!

That's AWESOME!

And on a related note... BAD DOG!

Mamacita Tina said...

Finding time for yourself, being active, getting healthier, all good things!

 
Blogging Secret