June 14, 2007

Instant Gratification



Okay, so I posted about our recent home improvement projects.... that quickly catapulted out of control. Of course, when you've got a new room.... you need new furniture, right? Uh-huh.

So, we went and we shopped and shopped and shopped some more to find a couch that was practical, reasonably priced and nice, but not too nice (we do have two kids with chronically sticky hands, dontcha know).

In order to get what we wanted, we had to special order it..... yeah of course we did, and wait EIGHT WEEKS!

So, for the past couple of months, the Big Dubya's had to watch his 40th birthday present on a folding chair (sometimes he lets me sit on the chair and he sits on the floor, see -- chivalry is not dead) -- instead of the plush comfort he's been dreaming of..... it's a little ghetto, but he's managed okay.

Today, we got the call..... the furniture is in and ready to be delivered -- Can I hear a hallelujah and an AMEN!

But, they can't deliver it 'til Tuesday..... TUESDAY? What the f*ck?

This is a company that advertises same-day-delivery. So, just so I've got it straight, I can go pick out a couch they have in stock and have it in a few hours, but the one that I've been waiting close to 8 weeks for is going to take until Tuesday????

I WANT IT NOW!

1 comments:

Sue said...

And I'm sure they gave you a 4 hour "window" in which they'd deliver the couch, and will probably not show up until 15 minutes before the end of the "window"....It is frustrating!

 
Blogging Secret