February 24, 2008

Household tasks I HATE



Look, I never claimed to be a good housekeeper..... I swear, I never did.

I hate cleaning the house -- but, it's a necessary evil and I'm always happier in a clean house -- so, there you have it -- and in fairness, I'm pretty lucky -- the Big Guy does his fair share.... and many of those jobs are the jobs I hate the most (floors, putting out the garbage....).

But, really -- is there a job worse than putting away the laundry?

I don't mind washing it -- I don't even mind folding it...... but I hate, hate, hate putting it away -- the only thing that I hate more is matching up the socks -- I even go to great lengths to buy all the same kind of socks so that I can minimize the matching up frustration. But, what's worse than matching up adult socks..... those teeny tiny 'lil kid socks.
There's only one thing I hate more than than matching up the socks.... unpacking after a vacation.... probably because it entails putting clothes away..... this could be a theme for me.

What house work do you hate?


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Laundry, for me, is a gimmie. It's the job I do when I want to feel like I did something. It doesn't require much to throw clothes in the washer and dryer. I don't even mind putting it all away. For me, it's folding everything that I hate. Once everything is folded and stacked into separate piles on the bed (I carry everything up to our bedrooms unfolded), putting them away is easy.

I HATE to vaccum. That was my chore as a kid, so I hate everything about it. That's one job I hate so much, my husband tends to do it more often than me. I also hate scrubbing bathroom floors. I'll happily clean the bathrooms regularly (especially now since there's nothing worse than puking into a nasty toilet), but the floors get cleaned maybe every other time.

CroutonBoy said...

Holy cow, you and Oodgie should get together...that's absolute top of her list of most hated activities (along with emptying the dishwasher and vacuuming, both of which I try to do a lot)

For me there's no chore I actually hate, but I hate ANY chore that interrupts me when I'm in the middle of something important, like the fourth level of Call of Duty 4

Sue said...

I'm a firm believer that a little dirt helps build healthy immune systems (does that tell you how I feel about cleaning?)...

I absolutely hate sweeping/cleaning our wood floors. They seem to get dusty again the minute I finish. I also dislike laundry, because just when you're done (empty basket, clothes put away) someone comes and puts more clothes in the basket. It never ends!

Kara said...

i hate doing dishes. it's not the "doing" that bothers me so much as it's the putting away of various kitchen items. Hubby ALWAYS gets on my case if things aren't JUST RIGHT. which is why I no longer do his laundry (see above) and why he empties the dishwasher/ drying rack.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Socks are my #1 hated chore too.

I often threaten to throw them ALL away and start over.

 
Blogging Secret