February 1, 2008

Tiny lobes



Yesterday I found myself at the mall.... picking up a birthday gift for the Big Dubya's nephew (and godson) -- his birthday isn't until next week, but we decided to get him something Suberbowl-related, so of course it had to get in the mail ASAP in order to make it to him in time for Sunday.

So, as I sat on a bench in the middle of the mall -- writing the card, assembling the gift with tissue paper in the gift bag, addressing the box (which I'd just purchased at the post office in the mall)...... I heard an ear-piercing shriek. Good God what just happened to that baby.

She had just had her ears pierced -- she couldn't have been more than 6 months old.

I realize that for some people this is a cultural thing -- but oh my God! I just don't understand the need to pierce a tiny little baby's ears.

Can someone explain it to me please?

1 comments:

Kara said...

I can't explain it.

 
Blogging Secret