May 13, 2008

Are you kidding me? #18?


First, my update.....

I'm feeling much, much better -- although the baby is still feeling really huge, and when he/she moves it still feels like my internal organs are being ground into a very fine dust...... the baby has dropped a bit and I can breath again (most of the time) -- so that makes it all so much more bearable. BP is still elevated, but doesn't seem to be getting worse. Still no names...... but I digress.
Now, my post..... or really just my "Have you heard about this whack-job?" she and her husband just announced that they are expecting #18...... EIGHTEEN children!!!

Okay, in the interest of full disclosure (sorry honey, cover your eyes/ears) I get sad when I think about the fact that this is my last baby. I love babies and love the idea of a large family -- I also love most of pregnancy -- not the end so much, but the rest of it..... it's pretty cool. But, I also recognize that in this day-and-age..... three kids is a pretty big family and as much as I would love to think about a number four -- three is a really good number for us -- maybe not for everyone, but for us -- three is a great place to stop and count our blessings -- be thankful and get on with the next phase of our life -- the phase that doesn't involve pregnancy.

So, although I'm sure I'll have the occasional moment of weakness -- I can confidently say -- this is IT for us. So, I lie on the couch every night after the other two are in bed and I feel/watch this 'lil (or not-so-lil) one roll around and stretch and do all the things that cause me pain and discomfort and I just marvel at it all.... I find it hard to believe that it'll all be over in a few weeks.... so I just want to relish the miracle that it is (even when it causes me to use really foul language).

That being said...... this woman is about to deliver an 18th child..... 18 people, 18!

3 comments:

Pinterest Failures said...

Hang in there--I understand what you are saying. I am secretly envious that you are having a third child. We had planned on having two and adopting one, but our second child has just.about.killed.us.

And if your water breaks? It really isn't so bad so long as you aren't in public.

Sue said...

18 is a bit much...however, one of Darren's college roommates' wife is close to having (or has already had)number 8 (I think number 8 - I lost track after number 4 or so). It doesn't seem fair to the kids when it's that large a number.

I always wanted 4 but lost my mind after just one, so I'm jealous of those of you who have larger families.

Mamacita Tina said...

I know what you mean. I LOVED being pregnant. I am so grateful I got to experience it twice. But I am old, and my patience seems very limited with the kids lately. I'm afraid one more would put me over the edge, and that's just not fair to anyone.

Enjoy these last few moments of pregnancy. Can't wait to meet the newest Dubya.

 
Blogging Secret