October 15, 2005

If I had a million dollars....




So, the Powerball jackpot is up to $300 million...... I stopped and got my ticket this morning while the 'lil guy & I were in Super Stop & Shop. I know the chances are slim, but there is a chance mine could be the lucky ticket, right? I've got as good a chance as anybody else, don't I?

As I sit here watching the rain fall for something like the 100th consecutive day..... I fantasize about what I would do if I won all of that money. Of course the altruistic side of me comes out.... I'd take care of my parents, my siblings, the Big Dubya's parents & siblings.... set up college funds for the children of close friends..... hire somebody to clean my house.... (heck with $300 million you could throw your house away each time it got dirty), there are some charities I'd want to help..... our alma maters..... and then the nonsense comes out..... a new obnoxious car.... the Big Dubya would want a Hummer...... or maybe a tank..... he likes to reminisce about his army days.... and what better way than to drive around suburban Connecticut in a tank? Our liberal gas-conserving friends would probably not be amused, but we could pay them off..... I'd probably settle for a fancy SUV...... and a boat, what's life without a big fancy boat?

We could travel -- take our friends on much deserved vacations (our friends all work too hard for too little money, don't yours?) and they all need really huge ass TVs.... so they can watch the Red Sox and the Patriots in style..... heck, we could just get them all season tickets.

The Big Dubya could quit his job and finally write the novel he's been threatening to write since I met him.... I could stay at home with the little guy and not wonder how on earth we could afford to give him a sibling.....

Well dear readers, stop back tomorrow and I'll let you know if I won.....

2 comments:

Kara said...

okay, so did you win?

Apparently P said...

If you were rich and quit your job, would you also move to a nice sunny island? Maybe let your sister live in your pool house?

 
Blogging Secret