October 20, 2005

Workplace etiquette



Okay, so we all know that in this politically correct world of ours…. there is the issue of workplace etiquette. The usual things come to mind…. reel in the dirty jokes, the foul language, references pertaining to race, sex, religion…or someone’s more obvious anatomical challenges – if you get down to it, the list goes on and on.

Here’s my question….. what about workplace bathroom etiquette? Why is it that some people insist on speaking to you while you are in the stall – a supposedly private place? I realize that the stalls are really just partitions (aptly named Hiny Hiders) but they are supposed to represent some semblance privacy…. an inner sanctum if you will. Yet, there are people who insist on chatting away while you are in there…… Hello people, I am trying to PEE!

The only thing worse….. and this happened here just this morning….. is the people who forget they are in a public place! I got stuck in horrendous traffic this morning – something about a big yellow thing in the sky -- shining brightly, and apparently making people forget how to drive. Of course the huge Dunkin Donuts coffee I treated myself to made this particular commute a little uncomfortable – so when I got to work, I didn’t even stop at my office – I headed straight to the ladies room, where apparently someone had just had a traumatic episode of their own.
Once in a while, I suppose I can understand someone’s lunch having adverse affects and being unable to contain said affects until someone gets home – but at 8:00 in the morning, a few mornings a week – I suspect this particular someone is no longer caught off guard when their ass explodes behind a private, but not scent-proof hiny hider. C’mon people…. It’s called the LADIES room….. my throat shouldn’t burn and my eyes shouldn’t water as soon as I open the door!

0 comments:

 
Blogging Secret