December 15, 2006

Condiments.... not just for breakfast anymore.



So, the 'lil man has discovered condiments.....

I suppose it's my fault. We were eating dinner the other night and he watched intently as I dipped something in ranch dressing.... I think it was a french fry. Anyway, he handed me one of his fries -- I dipped it for him and he proceeded to lick the dressing off the fry, and so it began. He kept handing me back the same soggy fry (which proceeded to get soggier and soggier).... asking me to dip it so that he could suck the dressing off of it.

As it turns out, it's not just ranch dressing -- he likes to suck honey mustard, ketchup, syrup and cheese sauce off of his food. I'm not sure exactly how to explain the concept of a condiment to an 18-month old..... but for now.... it's ketchup for lunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My one-year-old daughter does that with ketchup. In fact, we cannot have Ketchup anywhere near her during meal time or it's all over. She has become a ketchup-aholic. Is there a ketchup anonymous group out there?

Melissa said...

I find that I will still do that with ketchup and ranch dressing on occasion.

Ketchup is the greatest invention since chocolate. At least you know he has good taste. ;)

Mamacita Tina said...

Ranch dressing is almost a guarantee to get Ian to eat veggies. Notice I said almost, because sometimes he likes to just suck the ranch dressing off the offending veggie.

Sue said...

Ketchup - hey, it's a vegetable at least. Dips are one of the food groups right?

Apparently P said...

I'm glad he finally came around. Ketchup makes many foods that much better. Next he'll discover bacon. Tell me? What doesn't bacon make better?

 
Blogging Secret