December 19, 2006

Rest in Peace



Joe Barbera (of Hanna-Barbera fame) passed away on Monday.... he was 95.

Obviously, I never knew Mr Barbera (or Mr Hanna who passed away in 2001), but I don't think I'm alone in saying that they were part of my growing up. I was never a big cartoon-watcher, but The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo and so many other cartoon characters were favorites -- Hey, George Jetson gave me my engagement ring (but that's a story for another post).

Rest in peace Mr Barbera.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I'm intrigued by the George Jetson engagement story....

I saw that Mr. Barbera had passed away too - it's the end of an era.

mr. big dubya said...

You know that I'm in mourning

CroutonBoy said...

They may have sold out a little at the end (All-Star Laff-o-Lympics? Scrappy Doo?) but their legacy towers above us all. I for one owe them (and Chuck Jones & George Lucas) the majority of my childhood.

RIP.

 
Blogging Secret