March 10, 2006

EEEEEEEK!



I was shocked to see that the topic of Big Dubya's post was the 'lil guys simulated sex thrusts, rather than our new tenant.... the one that doesn't pay rent and is very, very, very unwelcome. Yes, last night while I was sitting on the couch tapping away on this very laptop, I let out a shriek that is usually reserved for cartoon damsels. I saw a mouse scurry across our kitchen.

I swear to God dear readers, our house can get cluttered from time to time, but it is not -- I repeat it is not dirty...... Aunt P, Cape Buffalo..... they'll vouch for me, they've been here. But, I know what you are thinking..... it's the first thing I think of when I hear about mice, or bugs.... I think the house must be dirty. In reality, we just live in a rural area -- so these types of things are to be expected from time to time..... but it is UNACCEPTABLE!

So, I'm sitting on the couch and I see the 'lil buggar..... I screamed.... and then I screamed some more.... the 'lil man was asleep on the couch next to me..... I scared him..... the Big Dubya was upstairs, but came running.... I scared him too. Of course by the time he got to me, the rascal was gone.... gone where? I don't know.... just gone. The Big Dubya ran to Stop & Shop and got some traps..... while he was gone, I called Aunt P...... hoping to distract myself..... but while on the phone with her.... I saw him again...... this time he ran to the fireplace.

The Big Dubya got home and set the traps -- and so we went to bed. This morning, all the traps were vacant...... and as you know, I work from home on Fridays. The Big Dubya left for work and I hid upstairs for as long as I could...... but at some point I had to come downstairs.... the 'lil man needed to be fed.

There have been no more sightings.... the Big Dubya checked the traps again when he got home and nothin'..... so, now we wait.

1 comments:

Apparently P said...

Yes, I can certainly attest that my sister's house is clean. In fact even when she thinks its flithy all it really needs is some tiding to get back to "you can eat off the floor" clean. It's actually a little annoying since we were both slobs growing up and somehow she got her act together and I'm still like Charlie Brown's friend...

 
Blogging Secret