March 2, 2006

Nobody loves you like your mother...



So, lately I've been feeling the pull.... the 'lil man's been under the weather. If I'm at work and he's at home w/ the Big Dubya, I feel like a bad mother. If I'm home with him.... I feel like I'm a bad employee.....

It's probably odd that it's taken me so long to get to this point -- probably due in large part to the Big Dubya who's taken the hit every time the 'lil man's needed one of us -- Dubya's dutifully gone to his aid every time..... and I've remained at work. This week was just the perfect storm.... we are both just stretched too thin and can't miss any more work, but the 'lil man -- although much better -- isn't 100% and should stay home.

I'm so bad at asking for help -- I like to think I'm independent, that I can manage my life.... but yesterday, I got to the breaking point -- I didn't know what else to do....... so, I did it, I broke down and called my mom. Who else would answer such a call with a, "I'll be there by dinner time, and I'll stay 'til Saturday" When she arrived last night the only thing she was missing were her tights, mask & cape -- Super Granny to the rescue!

2 comments:

Kara said...

yay super granny!!

you know she's loving every minute of this.

Apparently P said...

And you let her watch him when it snowed! After the incident in Vegas, I didn't think you'd ever let that happen!

 
Blogging Secret