January 6, 2006

I'm so bad at these things



I'm really terrible at these things.... mostly because I'm not witty or clever.... I come up with the same old bland answers that everyone else comes up with.... then I read somebody else's answers and wish I had thought of those, but I didn't..... and so then I feel lame. But I want you people to like me.... I mean REALLY like me... not just read my blog to be polite or because I'm this guy's wife..... So, here it goes:

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
ChildsplayX2
the Weirdgirl
Cynical Dad
Cape Buffalo
Mrs Big Dubya

Select five people to play (but only if they want to).
Consider you, you, you, yep you and you there in the back (didn't think I could see you, did ya?). I'd call you by name, but the few readers that I know by name have already been tagged and the rest of you choose to remain anonymous, so..... there ya go.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was just getting back from an adventure in Florida/the Bahamas with my closest girl friend Jill. We got drunk and bought a timeshare.... which we still use to take vacations we couldn't otherwise afford. She was hoping her man was going to propose soon.... I was hoping to find a man who could keep up with me -- but I had rules. I wouldn't accept a weekend date.... dates were for weeknights.... otherwise it would interfere with my weekend-binge-drinking lifestyle (Wow, 10 years ago, I was really, really young!) I was broke, had an apartment and a car I couldn't afford.... but had a lot of fun.

What were you doing one year ago?
We were just getting back from Disney.... I was about 15 weeks pregnant and constantly nauseous/vomiting/exhausted. It was a really wonderful time in our lives..... Dubya had just gotten a job that he loved and we were finally expecting a baby.... no baby was ever more loved or wanted than this one..... it was a wonderful, magical time.... we didn't think it could get any better, but then it did.

Five snacks you enjoy:
Pizza
French fries (bonus if they are the good, thick, hand-cut ones and covered in curry!)
Anything that involves being deep-fried or covered, no slathered in cheese
Ice Cream
Fancy coffee drinks (hey, put 'nuf stuff in 'em.... they can be quite filling)

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
In fairness, I'm terrible w/ music.... not sure how I'm so bad, but I am..... I don't know who sings anything or the words or the names of bands or albums..... I like music, but..... I just have no head for it -- but to be a sport:
Copacabana
The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA (which Dubya knows now too, he didn't wanna, but...)
Rubber Ducky
Forever in Blue Jeans
Cecelia

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Stop worrying about our bills -- pay off everything!
Financially take care of our families
Set up college funds for the children of our friends
Take all our pals on an obnoxious vacation
Quit my job

Five bad habits:
Procrastination
Trying to please everybody
Convincing myself we "need" things we can't really afford
Impatience
Ordering Take-Out

Five things you like doing:
Loafing at home w/ the Dubyas
Traveling
Cooking (and having the experiments turn out to be more than just edible)
Shopping (when I'm having a skinny day and stuff actually fits)
Laughing

Five things you would never wear or buy again:
Skidz (the most unflattering pants ever manufactured)
Two-tone jeans (yes, I had 'em.... I even had a pair in purple!)
Miracle Bra (the thing was bullet-proof, it could stand alone)
A perm (they called it a "body-wave")
Gosh, remember those Dynasty-era shoulder pads? it was like wearing pillows on your shoulders!

Five favorite toys:
Tivo
Laptop
Caller ID (thanks Kara!)
Sonicare toothbrush
Update: Roomba (thanks for the help Aunt P)
But I still think Dubya could go buy me a PDA :)

3 comments:

Apparently P said...

you could put your Roomba as a favorite toy.

Mrs Big Dubya said...

We got ours at BJs.... a bit cheaper than everywhere else I've seen 'em

mr. big dubya said...

Holy hell - heatherdans makes an appearance - will wonders never cease

 
Blogging Secret