September 19, 2005

I'm Baaaaaaack



So, today was my first day back at work.

Let's begin by saying, I cried most of the weekend -- I pretty much woke up crying this morning.... and it was almost like the 'Lil Dubya knew what was happening or at least that I was sad and he actually hugged me back this morning....

I cried on my way out the door and for most of the ride to work. But, I'm a professional -- I pulled myself together, I went into the office and got misty when I put his picture on my desk, but I was okay, I was going to get down to business -- the day'll fly by. Then my boss stopped by to welcome me back and ask how I was doing -- and I promptly lost my shit all over again. My poor boss -- nice guy, but totally unequipped to deal with the blubbering idiot who used to be his tax manager.... he started yammering about an 8:00 meeting and having to run to it .... I barely saw the back of his head through my tears

That's pretty much how my day went.... didn't do a whole lot of work -- cried more than a person should at work.... took a two hour lunch (had a pint of Guinness to sooth my sadness)

They say it gets easier.... I'm not so sure. But, for the first time in my life I got home from work and didn't see dishes in the sink, didn't see the carpet that needs to be vacuumed or the laundry that needs to be washed -- all I saw was the 'Lil Dubya's face and I've never been so happy to be home.

1 comments:

Kara said...

that was, quite possibky, the saddest thing I've ever read.

remember to bring enough breast pads and a second shirt to work because one time i zoned out and thought about the baby and my milk let down. soaked myself. luckily i lived close enough to run hime for a change of clothes

i won't say it gets easier because that's just not true. you will get stonger though.

 
Blogging Secret