November 9, 2005

I took a shower!!!!


I know, I know.... what's the big deal about a shower -- we all take 'em everyday.

Well, since having the 'lil Dubya.... showers have taken on a whole new meaning. It used to be... I'd hop in the shower, do my thing and hop out. Since becoming a mother, it's a much more involved process..... it generally starts with making sure the 'lil Dubya is asleep.... really asleep and then it's jumping in, doing the bare (no pun intended) minimum and getting out before he wakes up -- and it includes several breaks of turning off the water and sticking my head out to verify that I didn't just hear him scream. The only products I'd dare use are soap and shampoo -- because anything else would take up precious minutes that I could be using to dry off and perhaps get dressed.

Well, on Sunday -- hubby said he'd watch the 'lil guy while I went and took a shower -- it was amazing.... there was no interruptions, no worries.... no sense of panic. I used the bath gels that have been sitting in the shower mocking me for months..... I used a face scrub that I've wanted to try for weeks.... I even brought a beer in thhere with me (haven't done that since college!). I got out and dried off in peace & quiet..... I not only combed my hair but I dried it!

Husbands everywhere -- take my advice.... treat your wife to a leisurely shower (get your head out of the gutter)....

2 comments:

Childsplayx2 said...

I haven't taken a shower in two days. I think that's a record for me.

The babies don't seem to mind though. But they have been crying a lot today.

Susan said...

On Mother's Day, 2002, when I was pregnant with Baby #2, I said to my husband, 'I am going to take a shower.' I meant: I am going to shave my legs and latherrinserepeat and use nice scrub and do everything you describe here (but without the beer--pregnant, see).

He said, 'Fine. Take your time!'

And my almost-two-year-old spent the ENTIRE shower playing peek-a-boo with the shower curtain and dropping toys into the water and trying to climb in with me.

When my son and I finally emerged from the bathroom, my husband looked up from his coffee and newspaper and said, 'Oh, I was wondering where he was.'

Dammit. And good for Mr. Big Dubya!

 
Blogging Secret