November 6, 2005

My Blogging Buddies?


So, as many of you know..... my hubby is The Big Dubya. He's been blogging about his experience first as a soon-to-be father and now with some other guys as a new-daddy. He's always been big into the internet.... he was reading blogs long before he started one of his own, so I really shouldn't be surprised by his evern-increasing blogging ferver.

But, recently he's started referring to other bloggers around the house.... "I was talking to one of my blogging buddies....." Blogging buddies?, you have blogging buddies? Honey, you are acting like you know these people....

But he does... well, kind of. It's kind of like your friends at work... you generally know a small amount about their home life... married/single, town they live in, # of kids... if they are people you work with a lot... you might know the ages/names of the kids.... if they are people you actually like a little you might know what the kids are into.... sports, music..... what they dressed up as for Halloween... what they want for Christmas..... what colleges they are looking at......

I guess this is just a new experience for me.... now we have a whole new category of acquaintences.... our home friends (gradeschool, highschool, neighborhood -- the people we grew up with), our college friends, work friends..... we've recently added baby friends (people we are meeting through our baby) and now he's got.... Blogging Buddies?

Part of me wonders how safe these blogging buddies are.... I'm constantly asking the Big Dubya if it's wise to include photos of our child on his blog... he maintains it's fine.... I'm not so sure (not that I have any readers anyway, but....). How do we know that these people aren't nut cases? stalkers? axe murderers? serial killers? I mean all kidding aside, they are spending a fair amount of time on the internet..... how do we know it's really just good-clean-fun? I suppose it's all harmless..... but, just to be safe, I don't invite my work friends over -- so the Big Dubya won't invite his Blogging Buddies over either

2 comments:

Kara said...

Just for the record. I was a buddy before i was a blogging buddy. and just because the hubby and i were trying to find a way to smuggle the li'l one out of the house while the kid created a diversion in the other room, doesn't ean you should keep from inviting us over in the future, cuz, you're a really good cook and you always have chex mix. it would be a total bummer if we weren't invited anymore.

Susan said...

In real life, I am a 300 pound man who lives in a trailer park in Tucson.

Just so you know.

 
Blogging Secret