December 17, 2005

Pay for torture



This morning Aunt P and I were supposed to go get pedicures..... at the last minute, Aunt P was unable to attend -- but the Big Dubya convinced me that I should go anyway -- as it's a nice treat for me that I only indulge in every once in a while.

While I was there, I got an eyebrow wax.... as I was lying there, it occurred to me that we women are out of our freakin' minds. No man would ever volunteer to have hot wax dripped on their face only to have it ripped off in an effort to remove perfectly harmless hair. As if the hot-wax-ripping wasn't enough.... the technician then proceeds to take the sharpest tweezers ever made... (I think these things must be used for surgery or something) and tweeze out whatever hair and/or now dried wax remains -- and, to add to the insanity.... we not only pay for this "service", we tip them for doing an exceptionally excruciating job!

My eyebrows do look fabulous, though!

Holiday Viewing Guide:

ABC Family
12:00 Prancer
2:00 Mr St. Nick
4:00 A Holiday to Remember
6:00 Three Days
8:00 Christmas in Boston
10:00 Christmas in Boston (an encore presentation)
CBS
8:00 Frosty the Snowman (a must-see holiday classic)
8:30 Frosty Returns (a knock-off of the original)
9:00 Robbie the Reindeer in Hooves of Fire
9:30 Robbie the Reindeer in Legend of the Lost Tribe
TBA
8:00 Home Alone
Disney
8:00 The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
Hallmark
7:00 Single Santa Seeks Mrs Claus
9:00 Meet the Santas

0 comments:

 
Blogging Secret