December 29, 2005

Today's the Day!




I know most people start their diets on January 1st..... and if they are like me.... they tend to fall off the wagon by say January 3rd..... or maybe 4th if they are particularly committed.

But, I've decided to buck tradition and declare that my diet starts today.... that's right my friends.... it's starting today -- Thursday, December 29th. I'm hoping that by stating it here, in public, to a bunch of friends and strangers..... I'll remain true to my pledge to lose 8-12lbs.

Many of you are probably saying.... why not give yourself the next couple of days and start on Monday with the rest of the world? Well, I could do that..... but, no day is better than today.... and I'm feeling particularly motivated today, so..... Today is the Day!

If only they could make dieting a little bit easier.... I mean, they can put a man on the moon, but they can't make a reduced calorie salad dressing that doesn't taste like a chemical spill. And, here's a question..... why does diet food cost more money than junk food? how is that fair to the chubbies of the world????

As I embark upon my quest to get back into my skinny-girl pants, I'm going to use this space to share with you high-quality, good-tasting, reduced calorie foods that I discover along the way -- please feel free to share back.

The first product I am going to profile is Edy's Slow-Churned Light Ice Cream. This stuff is two-thumbs-up..... Way Up! It's so good, that even the Big Dubya will eat it and he won't eat diet anything!!!


The Numbers:
Calories -- 100

Fat -- 3.5 grams

Carbs -- 15 grams
Fiber -- 0 grams
Weight Watcher Points -- 2


Now this is all based on a 1/2 cup serving of vanilla.... other flavors are available for slightly higher numbers.... and I have yet to be disappointed by any I've tried (Chocolate Chip is Amazing!!!)

Now, the real key is keeping the serving size to a measly 1/2 cup (seriously, who eats a 1/2 cup of ice cream????)...... but the skinny-girl jeans are screaming to get out of the closet.... so I am going to do my best!

2 comments:

Kara said...

wanna hear something funny? I am entered in an effing 5K next weekend! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i haven't been able to LAUGH without spewing phlegm for two weeks let alone lace up my sneakers. but if reduced calorie ice cream will help me get un-fat, then i'm totally there!

Unknown said...

I love "skinny cow" ice cream sandwiches. My husband laughs at the name every time. It's physically impossible for me to actually serve myself 1/2 cup of ice cream, so the sandwiches work for me.

 
Blogging Secret