December 31, 2005

New Year's Eve


As a quick PS (is it still a PS when it comes at the beginning???) Matthew over at Childs Play put together a Holiday Traditions collection..... check it out.... the Big Dubya and I even contributed.... albeit at the last possible minute (hmmmmm, kinda like this notice, huh?)


Today is day 3 of the diet..... and I'm still sticking with it. I'm down 2 1/2 lbs and I'm feeling really good about myself. Now, if we were being honest (which we aren't) we would admit that the 2 1/2 lbs really just represents a reversal of the bloat that occurred after I pickled myself with wine on Christmas Day. But, we are choosing to ignore that fact and are going to take any progress as encouragement and keep plugging along.

Today is also New Year's Eve..... as I sit here typing, I'm reflecting on New Years' past.... last year (NYE 2004) the Big Dubya and I were in Walt Disney World with Aunt P and Mr Tall Guy.... I was about 15ish weeks pregnant.... still really nauseous all day, but happy to be under the warmth of Florida sun, rather than the cold of Connecticut snow. Other years this day has been spent on Martha's Vineyard, in Vail, at home with friends or at various bars in the Boston area. The thing that always mystifies me about New Year's Eve it is everyone's favorite party night, yet it never fails to disappoint -- It's never as good as it's hyped up to be. My strongest memories of New Years' Eves past are of my friend Jill throwing up on my feet while we were on the T, my coat getting stolen out of Finn McCool's (a long-gone Boston bar that was popular with the underage-crowd), my boyfriend (now husband) getting hammered in Denver and leaving the hats he bought at the brewery in the cab -- and my having to beg him to get out of the middle of the street, a bartender yelling at a "regular" for soaking us with a spray of champagne, going to see Jim Plunkett do his silly little show..... all things that could have happened any old night out.

This year might end up being my favorite.... the 'Lil Dubya's first New Year's Eve.... and we'll be home.... hopefully enjoying a nice dinner, a cozy fire.... still not sure if I can stomach a glass of wine, but I'll try :)

Today's featured diet-friendly product is Subway sandwiches.....


If you are trying to eat lighter, eating out or "on-the-go" is darn-near impossible. McDonald's, BK, Wendy's.... they are all useless when it comes to eating light. Yes, I know.... they all offer grilled this and that or salads. Here's the problem -- If I am in McDonald's or Wendy's.... I'M GETTING FRIES! There is no way around it..... I can't go into french fry heaven and not get some..... and not one of those little puny bags either.

The Numbers:
Calories 280

Fat 4.5 grams

Carbs 46 grams

Fiber 4 grams

WW Points 5


This is based on a turkey breast sub on whole wheat bread -- and, you can get all sorts of good veggies.... lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green peppers, onions...... they not only add flavor, but they add crunch which always helps. Their honey mustard is also yummy!

2 comments:

mr. big dubya said...

Damn 18-year-old Scotch - but the Denver policemen were very understanding and kind

Mrs Big Dubya said...

Yes, they were very nice when you asked them if they could give us a ride to our hotel

 
Blogging Secret