August 26, 2005

I'll be a typhoon -- I mean a tycoon





Since having the 'Lil Dubya I've come up with tons of great business ideas.....

For example, a cookbook of dinners that can be easily eaten with one hand. Since the little guy arrived, there have only been a handful of meals where I truly had the full use of both hands. Sure, the Big Dubya will help out and cut my steak, butter my toast -- but it makes me feel pretty pathetic. Some meals I can manage with only one hand -- a collection of these recipes in a new mother cookbook would be a great gift idea.....

Next -- how about a workout routine that can be done while holding your colicky bundle of joy. How many times have I started to work out or hopped on the treadmill only to have to jump back off to fetch my screaming son? This morning while I was bouncing 'Lil Dubya, who was in his colicky glory, it occurred to me that for him, the motion would be essentially the same if I was doing lunges, kick-backs or squats..... there's probably a clever way to multi-task here, a video perhaps....

Lastly (and not to go on some more about my recent trip to Florida, but...) car rental places rent car seats -- but most people with infants have those infant seats that snap into the car seat base and then snap into the stroller while the base remains in the car. If you are trying to bring your seat & stroller on a plane with you.... you need to also bring the base for use in a rental car -- but the base has no place in the stroller and it doesn't fit in the too-small-for-anything-basket that is under the seat of the stroller, so you're stuck carrying it (some suggest a bungee cord, but...). Why don't car rental companies just rent the base? Most people want to use their own seat anyway -- I mean, really, who wants to put their baby in a rented car seat? God only knows what some other germy kid did in it? or when the last time it was washed/disinfected.... I want the seat that my germy kid did gross things in!

0 comments:

 
Blogging Secret