August 28, 2005

Photo Finish...




Since the 'Lil Dubya arrived, I've gotten calls from all sorts of people trying to sell us stuff.... particularly photo studios. They aren't stupid, they know you want as many good pictures of your tiny bundle as possible. In a moment of weakness, I made an appointment with Sears.... they were having a deal and I figured why not. Well, then the Big Dubya made fun of me, and so I cancelled. He'll deny making fun of me, but he did.... I swear he did.

In the meantime, we've been planning a celebration for my in-laws.... Mr & Mrs Bigger Dubya -- they've been married 40 years today... poor babies are on a European cruise at the moment -- but we'll be doing something for them when they return. Anyway, Big Dubya's sister-in-law (medium J's wife) is making them a scrapbook/photo album of memories that cover the last 40 years and asked us to supply some photos from our wedding, of 'Lil Dubya and a family photo (me, Big & 'Lil Dubya)......

Believe it or not readers, no such photograph existed.... in the twelve weeks since the 'Lil Dubya entered this world, there have been plenty of photos of him, a bunch of the two Dubya's together, a handful of me & the little guy -- but only one of the three of us and it's Gawd awful. What to do...... out of pure desperation I called and made an apt at a photo shop in the mall... did you know they have same-day service????

Anyway, after getting stuck in traffic and showing up 45 minutes late for our appointment ('lil guy was also hungry & tired by this stage of the game) we got an okay family photo and a bunch of really good ones of the little guy.... he really is the cutest thing in the world. I have decided, however, that the photographers that work in those places are the most patient people in the universe. The woman that took our pictures was amazing -- she was so good with the baby and very patient -- seemingly content to wait all day for him to smile.... and for a while, I thought he was going to make her wait.

We left the studio, had lunch & a couple of beers -- went back and voila, the proofs were ready. A crap load of money later, we were on our way home.....

1 comments:

Apparently P said...

The picture makes me think of you sitting in front of a munsters slot machine in vegas or AC or on a cruise ship or foxwoods... hmmm, I think I sense a problem.

 
Blogging Secret